If you find DB2 not being able to start because of a server name problem, it most likely is caused by moving a virtual machine and not renaming the DB2 database.
To update DB2 to the proper name:
- Stop DB2 as administrator (db2inst user).
>su – db2inst
If there are open database connections, then force them off.
- Go to the sqllib directory.
- Edit the db2nodes.cfg file. The file is usually read-only, so make enable writing first.
>chmod u+w db2nodes.cfg
- In the db2nodes lipitor weight gain.cfg file, rename the existing computer name to that of the new computer name.
- Save the file.
- Reset the permissions to read-only.
>chmod u-w db2nodes.cfg
- Start DB2.
You should no longer see any error messages about finding the database.